Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hello World!

This is my first blog! And the first post! Hello! Privet! Guten Tag! Bon Jour! Konnichiwa!

The reason behind its creation is a simple one -- shameless self-promotion ;-). I wrote a book and really wanted it published. I've tried to go the traditional route and find a literary agent. That didn't work out too well. And the book is good!!! I know it. The people who've read it agree.

So, I thought about publishing it through Amazon as an e-book. And that's what I am planning to do. On August 31st, 2011. Less than a month... Maybe I am slightly insane to do it in such a short timeframe, but maybe I am not... The name of my masterpiece is 2.18. It is a paranormal romance/ adventure for young adults and not so young adults.

After deciding to give it a try, I realized that in order for my audience to find my book in the myriad of other good books, I need to announce its arrival. It is an e-book, so I need to reach the e-readers. Where do you find them? On the Web. Logical.

There is one tiny problem though. I am not on the Web! (except for a great site www.samlib.ru where I've been publishing the abbreviated version of 2.18, while I was writing it, in Russian -- if my Russian readers have found this blog -- THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your kicks, reviews and feedback).

Being a an avid reader myself, I've solved the issue by buying a book by Susan Gunelis and started to take baby steps into the Web community. I've set up my first Twitter, Facebook, GoodReads accounts and this blog.

Now I have to figure out how to manage all that. All the suggestions are welcome! Please leave comments. Thanks for stoping by. Come back soon and spread the word!

Oh, and a special hi to Vlado, who've created the illustration that I am using for the avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment