Tuesday, August 30, 2011

#100BlogFest -- Cheers to Martin King, “100 Blogs as a Child Tour”

Today I am welcoming a guest blogger, Martin King, who is on a wild adventure to write 100 different blogs at 100 different websites in August. The topic -- stories from his childhood. Please enjoy and don’t forget to visit him on his blog as well!!!

Here is his story "Cars":

“If you think your childhood was traumatic, then please consider mine. From the age of seven when my parents acquired our first vehicle, I was doomed to public mockings!

Our first mode of transport was a motorbike and sidecar. Yes, you heard me right. That little beauty lasted us for a good few years. Eventually when there was my parents and four kids crammed into the sidecar and another on the way, they decided it was time to go large. Read on because you are never going to believe this...

We moved up market, but not in wheels. That is because they invested in a plastic rocket more commonly called a Reliant Robin (a car with three wheels). Imagine how embarrassing it was being dropped off at school at the age of thirteen in a plastic pig? But not only that but the rare mornings when my step dad would decide to take us to school, he insisted on picking up any of our friends he drove past. I’m not lying when I tell you that there would be as many as eight kids crammed into the back of the three wheeler!

But then we went up market again due us five kids continually growing we got an ice-cream van. I know you are most possibly in complete shock at this point, but it’s all true. Check out blog # 11 for more on this.
Finally we got a Landrover. A pretty normal vehicle you may think. But Landrovers weren’t all hi-tech like they are nowadays. But anyway my story continues with us travelling down a country lane one day when the back door suddenly swung open for no apparent reason. As my sister was sat next to it and in them days most cars didn’t have seat belts...whoosh and out she fell. Thankfully she wasn’t badly hurt.

But the vehicle kept breaking down all the time. Finally my step dad said “Eeee, for two pins I’d get rid of this thing.” That was a bit of a Lancashire saying back then. To which I replied, “I’ll give you two pins for it.” Let’s just say it didn’t go down very well.
These blogs are all about fun and sharing. Thank you for reading a ‘#100blogfest’ blog. Please follow this link to find the next blog in the series: http://martinkingauthor.com/blog/7094550076

No comments:

Post a Comment